• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Puttin Out My Smoke For Good

roseinthemoonlight

Greenlighter
I've had it with nicotine! Running out of money, agonizing withdrawal, selling things, buy one pack that runs out, and I'm back to nicosick.

I've tried to quit many times. Always for that cute guy who wouldn't date a smoker. That would last anywhere from 3 days to a week then I relapse.

But now it is for myself. I am still allowing myself a Nat Sherman for a 22nd birthday treat if I really want it, but other than that this is forever. I can't take the intensity of nicotine withdrawals to keep bouncing back and forth.

I've been on the patch and smoked while on it. Gum seems to help, but I am trying to avoid any nicotine. Smoking a joint has in the past eased me, but I am not sure whether it was the craving or anxiety about what to do with my hands that it helped.

The problem really is not having any thing to do with my hands. It's led me to smoking heavily on stims which is another reason I need to quit smoking.

So I would like some advice, keeping in mind I want to do it cold turkey. Especially ideas on what to do with my hands instead of taking a drag. I'm more than willing to try vitamins, herbs, meditation, etc. as well.

Thanks a bunch!

Get some Camel Snus (sp). They're little pouches of spitless tobacco. The Frost kind is menthol/mint-flavored. They work wonders for my 3 hour classes and taste much better than expensive nicotine gum.

They got the smokeless cigs out now, but they're expensive as shit. Look em up.